Thursday 3 January 2013

Business sold

Well our business was sold prior to auction so now its time to prepare to close on the 27th Jan. We opened our store on Boxing Day 2004 and after 9 long years we get to say goodbye. Its been on and off the market for a long time but my parents are not getting any younger so this time around a sale was really needed. We operated 7 days a week even opening on Christmas day. I must add ours is a food takeaway business so we cooked pre ordered BBQ chickens so people could have hot chickens for their christmas lunch. In the beginning we opened at 8am and closed 11pm, so after the close and cleaning we weren't getting home until around midnight. We did this for 3 years before we started to put our needs first.
During the 9 years my marriage broke down due to domestic violence and I had to buy my ex out of the business which added more strain to getting the place sold, even though he never played an active role.
So the end of an era is near and I'll admit to going to be a little lonely without the daily customers who are friends, that because of life we never see each other, until we see each other at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment